Wednesday, January 11, 2017


I have created another blog. Again. It's perhaps the fifth, or sixth I've made. I create it mostly out of an innate need to channel my creativity (which sounds so pretentious, already.) I fear the sense of self importance that comes with blogging, as if people care what anyone else is doing. Well, they do.

The fluctuation in awareness of real life and life online is astounding to me. It's such a strange dichotomy; how everyone can be in touch with the events of friends, acquaintances and strangers alike yet miss the nuances of a loved one who feels alone.

Six lines into my first blog post and I'm already philosophising about the affects of social media like some sort of middle aged parent worried about what their fourteen year old does on their phone. (It's memes and nudes btw... fuck that would have been a good blog name.)

Blogging has always been a thing for me, on and off since I was fifteen. Using it as an emotional outlet, putting my foot in my mouth, standing on my metophorical soap box broadcasting personal information to the public. This also sounds no different to my physical life.

The adjectives often used to describe me are coincidently the same generic words used to describe a murder victim (SSDGM) e.g. "Bubbly." I have now made a decision to not describe myself at all at risk of being contradicted by the people who know me. I do like who I am, you can form your own opinion about the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment